Wailea Daily Photo

Wailea Daily Photo

Photoblog of Maui, Hawaii

3/12/09

Rescue At Sea

At a recent party I chatted with a professional photographer who was photographing the event. Our conversation concluded along these lines:

Him: Are you a professional?
Me: Nah, an amateur who just loves taking photos.
Him: Do you take lots of photos?
Me: Oh yes, lots and lots.
Him: Well, then you're a professional.
Me: Why so?
Him: This is what professionals do. One of the many will tell the story.

I'm referencing this conversation today because of the photo I posted above. It tells a story. If you click on it, you will see a lifeguard on a jet ski towing what looks to be a small boat with a person in it. I have no idea what happened, but after downloading the photo, I grokked what was happening.

I had simply been doing what I always do: taking lots and lots and lots of photos. 98% of them are trashed, but every now and then, one has a intriguing or provocative story.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You've captured the right moment! Well done.

March 15, 2009  
Blogger Leanne Watson said...

It's so true, right place right time and you caught the action. Well done!

May 28, 2009  
Blogger Leif Hagen said...

Beautiful pictures from paradise! Will you come back with daily photos from Wailea?? Kind regards from EAGAN daily photo

July 11, 2009  
Blogger kuanyin333 said...

Yes, this is my plan to resume posting...just taking a long blog break so that I can complete other projects.

July 12, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home